Code of Conduct for Events hosted by BlockchainNZ
Effective 11th July 2022
BlockchainNZ believes its community should be truly open for everyone. As such, it is committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all.
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behaviour as well as the consequences for unacceptable behaviour at all BlockchainNZ hosted events – physical or virtual/online.
We invite all speakers, attendees and other participants to help us realise a safe and positive event experience for everyone.
2. Expected Behaviour
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behaviour and speech.
- Be mindful of your fellow participants. Alert event organisers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you help to progress BlockchainNZ’s mission and make it your own.
3. Unacceptable Behaviour
Unacceptable behaviours include: intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, posting of off-topic questions, comments and links spoken or written in online chat, derogatory or demeaning conduct by any attendee or attendees at any BlockchainNZ event.
Harassment includes: offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; job title or organisational role, deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of discussion, talks or other events; inappropriate contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
4. Consequences Of Unacceptable Behaviour
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in unacceptable behaviour, the event organisers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the event without warning or refund.
5. What To Do If You Witness Or Are Subject To Unacceptable Behaviour
If you are subject to unacceptable behaviour, notice that someone else is being subject to unacceptable behaviour, or have any other concerns, please notify an event organiser as soon as possible.
BlockchainNZ expects all event participants (sponsors, volunteers, speakers, attendees, and other guests) to abide by this code of conduct at all events.
7. Contact Information
In online events, send a private message to the event organiser hosting the session. In physical events email email@example.com or any other contact method provided to attendees at the event.
8. Licence And AttributionThis Code of Conduct is adapted from that published at WordPress.org which in turn was adapted from that published at Open Source Bridge. The original can be viewed at the Internet Archive’s Wayback Machine and is released under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike licence.